The author gives credit to mentors that forced him to get serious about his behavior. Do you have a mentor? How have they helped you this far?
Personally I've had a few mentors throughout the different stages of my life who have helped me be where I am today. They've inspired me to be better and live a more productive life. My parents are my first mentors, they've obviously been with me my whole life and I wouldn't be where I am now without them. They've taught me a lot and have kept me going and I've learned a lot from them. I've also learned a lot from other family members like aunts, uncles, older cousins etc.
After reading the book, I still believe that we are products of our environment but that also contributes to the expectations we have. Our environment doesn't just include our physical environment, it also includes the people we hang out with, the people we call our friends. If someone hangs out with a bad crowd, chances are he or she will end up like that but if someone changes their environment and involves themselves with productive people, he will also be productive.

Comments
Post a Comment