first blog
My name is Chukwuka Okwu Jeffery. I am originally from Nigeria but moved to the US in 2016. I am currently a senior at NJCU majoring in criminal justice. I aspire to further my education after graduating and go to law school to become a lawyer. I've always believed lawyers were very important people in the society and I want to be able to help other people in ways that lawyers do. When I'm not working or going to classes, i spend most of my free time watching movies, TV shows etc. I'm also a big fan of sports particularly basketball, soccer and football. Back in Nigeria I played high school soccer and also when i came here I played high school basketball. I recently started getting into football about 2 years ago. At first when i came here I didn't fully understand the sport, but as time went on, I kept watching it gradually and I can say now that i understand it better than when I first started watching it. I also play games on my ps5 when I'm free. I like going out with friends, either to the movies, or just fun places in general. As much as I like hanging out with my friends and family, sometimes I like to be left alone and unbothered. Speaking of family, I am the 3rd of 4 children, I have one brother and two sisters.
Back home in Nigeria, our universal language was English, mainly British English. I've never really had a problem with spelling or reading or writing or understanding English. As far as i can remember, I began to feel literate at the age of 5 or 6 (I may be wrong). At kindergarten or as we called it "nursery school", we used to trace letters and practiced colorings. I for one have never been good at coloring, I always colored outside the lines and that frustrated me. My role models were my parents, as they both were educated, my dad is a doctor and my mum an accountant. They gave us everything we needed to have a good and quality education. I think literacy is very important in the world today, one cannot simply afford to be an illiterate.
Please see the requirements for the blogs (500-750 words plus images)
ReplyDelete