What music played a special role in the other Wes Moore’s life? What role does music play in your life?
Wes went to a mostly white school where most kids if not all were wealthy. He was from a wealthy family so the kids in his neighborhood felt he wasn't like them and he couldn't relate to them. Listening to hip-hop made Wes feel among and sort of relate to them and share something in common. Music can be a way for people from different backgrounds to come together and have something in common. For me, music is very very important in my life, I can't do without it. I listen to music everyday, on the road to work, at home, walking to school, essentially music makes me happy. I mostly listen to hip-hop and afro beats. Coming from Nigeria we mostly listen to afro beats over there and a little of hip-hop. I knew some famous hip-hop artists while i was there like drake, future, jay z, meek mill etc. I don't think anyone in this world doesn't listen to any form of music, might be different genres but it's still music. Music brings people together like I mentioned earlier, you can't have a gathering without music, whether it's at a church, or a party, concert, night club, a sporting event, even at a funeral music is played. I believe music plays important roles in peoples lives one way or another.

Comments
Post a Comment